Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Thing to Improve - DBlog Week


It's the 3rd Annual Diabetes Blog Week!


Today is day number three - 'One Thing to Improve'




One Thing to Improve



One thing to improve, huh?! Oh my. There is always, always, always, something to improve.

If I had to say, as a Mama of a kid with Type 1, something I would like to improve, it would be my ability to wait 15 minutes while treating a low. A simple thing, wouldn't you think? Not so simple. I'm like a hound dog waiting for 15 minutes. I relent at about 10 and see where we are headed.

And standard deviation, that's always one I can improve upon.

And the ability to run an extended bolus with a temp basal to bring down a high. I pretty much rock it right now, but sometimes we crash and burn with a low in the 50's. 

Ok, so there's three. Everyone happy now?!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

GOD I love that you do the combo with the temp. Haven't rocked that maneuver in awhile. Need to revisit it!!! Love to you and Grace and the family. xo

shannon said...

i don't think i've ever even heard of the extended bolus/temp basal combo for highs! learning all over the place today!

Kristin said...

Ditto! Temp yes - extended bolus? I still can't swag those for cupcakes or fruit rollups. You go!

Lauren Nygard said...

AHH! The 15 minutes is SO hard sometimes! I definitely feel you with that one!

Anonymous said...

You are funny. You do so much well! Waiting does suck the big one.