Friday, November 26, 2010

These baby blues will cost me...

Grace having a 'spa day' with her sister this summer.
Yes, that's a chocolate masque on her face.
No, I don't know how many carbs it had.


Grace had her annual ophthalmologist appointment today to check on the status of her eyes. She checks out with 20/20 vision in both eyes and no sign of any retina damage. It was a good day. We are good for a year now. One more thing to add to our 'thankful' list this year.

This is the part that made me happy.

Although on the way to the doctor, the car shuddered and almost stalled. Then the engine light came on. Oh yeah, then I called the mechanic who said not to drive it and to call a tow truck. So I called the tow truck who showed up one hour later.

Did I mention that it was Black Friday and we were in the city and there wasn't a food store in sight or walking distance from the doctor's office? And that they had no vending machines - not one - not a soda machine and not a snack one in the office? And all I had in my purse was one Juicy Juice and one roll of glucose tabs. And by now, after the doctor and the waiting for the tow truck, it had been close to 2+ hours and it was 12:30 pm???

Got towed to the mechanic and jammed money into the vending machine for some food.
G was 68.

Yeah, that part sucked.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Oh yeah, those eyes are beautiful. As is Grace. But then maybe anyone would look beautiful covered in chocolate!
Great result at the hospital. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Joanne said...

Yay for the results... boo for the car trouble.

LaLa said...

Great news about those beautiful baby blues! Boo on car trouble!

Unknown said...

Penny...the lack-O-carbs sounds so stressful in that situation at that time of day! UGH.

Glad to hear her eyes are A.O.K. for another year...and yummy on the chocolate mask. I'll bank on 4 grams...for the carb count. LOL

Heather said...

Bummer on the car trouble. Those dang lows always hit at the worst times.

Glad the eye appointment went well though!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the car stuff ... UGH UGH UGH! :(

Glad to hear good things about those baby blues.

Meri said...

Oh my heck! That sounds so awful! I'm so glad that everything ended well!

And hooray for those baby blues!