Today is day number thirteen.
10 Things I Couldn't Live Without. Write a list of 10 things you need (or love) the most.
10 Things I Cannot Live Without
1. These three girls. I am counting them as one.
2. Books. And reading. A lot. I love me some reading. Dream vacation, you ask? A spot on the beach and a stack of books to read. ALL. DAY. LONG.
3. The beach. Love it. Grew up on it. The ocean soothes me and calms me and centers me. I feel most at home when I am by the water. This was my view of 'home' when I grew up. When I was in the ocean, this is what I saw, and each time I see it, I am brought to my childhood on the beach. There is nothing like a sunset over my beach. Nothing.
4. A nail file. Yes, a nail file, you read that correctly. I cannot stand to have a ripped or torn nail. And I need a nail file. I have them stored all over my house and in my car. You don't wanna be with me if I cannot find one. I will go and buy one. Honest.
5. Laughter. Is that a thing? I guess it is. I love nothing more than to laugh. Tell me a joke. Play a prank. Just laugh. And I will laugh. I think most things are funny. And if you are my husband, and you fall while you are running into the ocean, I will, literally, laugh about it for years while I even think about it. In fact, now I am laughing.
6. Music. Every kind and every era. I will listen to anything. OK, being totally honest, metal-death-rock-ear-splitting-decibel-level really does nothing for me. But if I listened enough, I might enjoy it, with a set of ear cancelling headphones on. I love music, concerts, albums, LPs, cassettes, 8 tracks (remember those????) and CDs. I have favorite songs, but they are too numerous to mention.
7. This guy. The hubs. He makes me laugh every day (see #5). He rolls with the punches. He's easygoing. He loves me and I love him. He makes my days great. And he carries a nail file for me (see #4). And he loves the beach (see #3).
8. Summer. I love everything about the heat and the humidity. Yes, I said it! I love the hot. I couldn't live without the change of seasons somewhere and where it didn't include a rockin summer.
9. Chocolate There, I said it. And you are wishing you said it too. I need chocolate to live. And be happy. And get through the day. And well, just because.
10. Insulin. All you have to do, is see my #1.