Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stand in Another Place

You know, I thought my plate was full when my firstborn child, my Maddie, was diagnosed with autism at age 2 1/2. She's 13 now and it's been quite a ride. Challenging, joyful, painful, amazing, discouraging, wonderous and sad. All at one time.

Cruising along in life. Three girls now. My youngest, Gracie, and her diagnosis at age 6 with Type 1.

Another kind of ride. Remarkably similar, yet very different. Challenging, joyful, painful, amazing, discouraging, wonderous and sad. All at one time.

Learning to be here, in the moment. Truly and fully in my life. Appreciating the now. Learning the lessons I need to learn from all this.

Watch this video. Remember the 360. Trying hard to do this with my life since the big D.
Worth every second. Watch til the end. The best 5:55 minutes you will spend today, I promise.

2 comments:

Meri said...

Thank you so much for this! It is so true on so many levels.

A lot to reflect on in there. I'll have to come back and watch it again. REALLY moving.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I'm so glad you felt the same way about that video that I did!