Sunday, January 24, 2010

HI there




Does anyone else hate the fact that their child’s meter states ‘HI’ when it hits a full –blown high blood sugar? So friendly, so sweet, so leading me into a panic that is beyond measure. It seems the makers of the meter have a snarky side, saying ‘HI’ to me as if it just wants to let me know that it finds me charming and would like to stay a while.

The 500 range you say? Who me? My child? Yeah, we got there today, thanks to a cold and sniffles and a fever.

I can think of other four letter words that the meter should read when your child’s blood sugar approaches the 500 range.

ARGH
HELP
WHAT
OHNO
OOPS
CRAP
GO!
RUN!

I left out the un-family-friendly ones I cannot use on my blog. Don’t think I didn’t think of them though.

Leave me to program a meter, I’ll make sure it doesn’t say HI, but instead, tells you how you really feel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog post! I know how ya feel when a sister has a high blood sugar.

k2 said...

I personally prefer WT...Fudge ;)

Meri said...

Seriously, why can't it just say HIGH? I feel like the meter is laughing at me when it says that.

BOO HI!
BOO!