According to Vedanta, there are only two symptoms of enlightenment, just two indications that a transformation is taking place within you toward a higher consciousness. The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don’t bother you anymore. You become light hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities. And this accelerates to the point where you actually experience the miraculous.~Deepak Chopra
What I've learned during this Diabetes Blog Week...
* We are quite a bunch of PWDs, CWDs, caretakers, mamas, papas and others, all touched by diabetes and all doing it differently. But we are all here, doing the D day after day. I am amazed and awed by all of you.
* When I am feeling down about Grace having diabetes, I think of all of you out there, standing in hallways in the middle of the night waiting for a low to rise, changing pump sites, bolusing highs with no end in sight, and counting and measuring food. And believe it or not, it gets me through. Time after time.
* We have the best kids on the planet. D kids are the cutest and the most courageous, hands down.
* We all having funny moments that leave me laughing and give humor to such a dark disease at times.
* We have the best support network on this www. Honest, we do.
* We are each different in our care of our kiddos, but it doesn't mean that one does it 'better' than the other. I have something to learn from each of you out there about how I can do it better, for myself and for Grace. Thank you for that.
* We collectively, could move mountains. We ought to try some day.
* We have a wonderful voice together. I'll bet if we all got together in a choir we would rock.
* We honestly love and like each other. I do DOC, I love you. I like you too, I really really like you.
* We will all get through this, together.
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.