Thursday, November 4, 2010

Opera Company of Philadelphia "Hallelujah!" Random Act of Culture

I know - it's not diabetes related, but I had to share!
This is why I love my city.

And now, for your viewing pleasure... Macy's in Philadelphia, which hosts the biggest organ ever and is such an historic building, experienced a Random Act of Culture. Macy's used to be Wanamaker's  and I dutifully got my school shoes there every year of my life, as well as ate in their fancy dining room with my Mom. It brings back memories every time I step through the doors of the store. There is a giant eagle in the middle of the store and everyone in Philly, if you say 'meet me at the eagle' knows just what you mean.

I thought you all might enjoy it.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Moves you down to your soul. Doesn't it?

shannon said...

Oh man that was cool! Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! I was starting to tear up when they all got to the end and started clapping! (I am sooo emotional these days!) That was awesome! Thanks for posting it!

Unknown said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

I used to be a singer (1st soprano)....and I have to say HANDS DOWN that this is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE piece to sing with a choir. IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

I was singing along as if I was there -- OMGsh....my neighbors must think I'm nuts cuz the windows are open!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!

I have chills!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Oh, wait...we're not there yet :)