Monday, April 12, 2010

My other life

Where have I been?

Denver, Colorado to be exact.

I went here with my oldest daughter.

The World Sport Stacking Championships.
Why you ask? Cause she can do this:




And she does it REALLY well. So well in fact, she garnered 3, 1st place finishes and broke the WSSA World Record for a Special Stacker doing the 'Cycle' (featured above in the video) with a time of 8.38 seconds.



She amazes me, with her talent, her patience, her perseverance and her attitude towards life. It was a trip of a lifetime, one that her and I will not forget.

I have three amazing daughters. Each has special talents. My middle daughter is a blogger herself. You can find her at LucyPlease. She's cool, funny, hip, smart as a whip and lights up my life.

And of course, Grace herself. Brave and resilient.

How did I get so lucky?





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! She's amazing!
Pam

Meri said...

I had to watch it twice because it was just so awesome!!! Congratulations on your wins!

Heidi / Jack's Pack said...

Congrats! I, too, had to watch it a more than once. I can't get over how fast she is. Very impressive!

LaLa said...

OMG - I think that is so awesomely amazing. How did she start doing that??? So cool!!

You are 1 lucky momma!!

Hallie Addington said...

WOW! That's all I've got! WOW!!!

Jules said...

I sat and watched this and it brought the biggest smile to my face. It was like watching an old movie speeded up except I knew it was real time. My brain was in two places at once. What an amazing talent.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that is amazing!! Congrats!

Wendy said...

OMGsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's amazing...how on earth did you discover this skill????? PLEASE do a post about THIS!!!!! I'm so incredibly intrigued.

I brought my hubby in here to see the video and he says he saw "the cup kid" on TV...has she been on TV????

I'm totally shocked by this :)